Lancashire Music Service visit school on a weekly basis to provide an hours guitar lesson to our Year 4 class as part of out curriculum provision.
Music Lesson Dates 2018/19
2019/2020 – Additional Music Lessons
In September we are changing the way school offers additional music lessons. We will still be continuing the provision of guitar lessons for the whole class as part of our curriculum which is non chargeable, although Year 5 will continue guitar for the Autumn term (up to Christmas) and Year 4 will start from Spring term (from January)
Lancashire Music Service have provided musical opportunities for children and young people across Lancashire for over 50 years. Our approach to teaching is broad and inclusive and we aim to inspire a lifelong love of music.
LMS offer children and young people the chance to learn woodwind, brass, strings, guitar, ukulele, singing, percussion, drums*, keyboard and piano* with their experienced and inspiring teachers and with the first year of learning supported by award-winning online resources. They also offer an affordable instrument hire scheme. *drums and piano individual lessons only.
LMS - Parental Direct Payment scheme
The Parental Direct Payment scheme allows parents to pay the Music Service directly for instrumental and vocal tuition.
All lessons will still be delivered in school.
- Lessons are usually delivered in small groups and are a minimum of 20 minutes’
- Individual lessons are also available
- Students will need to provide their own instrument (rental available from Lancashire Music Service if required)
- Students have access to online resources to support their instrumental learning through Charanga Music World
- New students start lessons at the beginning of each half term (please see page 3 in attached booklet for application form deadlines)
- Lessons can only be cancelled at the end of a full term providing 6 weeks’ notice has been received.
- Group lesson £6.50 per lesson per pupil (max 4 children per group – minimum of 20 minutes)
- Individual 20-minute lesson £10.50 per lesson
- Individual 30-minute lesson £12.50 per lesson
The children will be required to bring in their own instrument to school for their lesson. Lancashire Music Service does offer a loan scheme to parents and the cost to hire an instrument is £15.00 per term - subject to availability.
If your child is interested in learning a musical instrument you can enrol online at www.lancashiremusichub.co.uk/enrol or complete and return the form (at the back of the brochure included in this email) this is also available from the school office.
Please note the application deadline should they wish to start at the beginning of September is Sunday 18th August.