Lancashire Music Service visit school on a weekly basis to provide an hours guitar lesson to our Year 5 (Autumn Term) & Year 4 (Spring & Summer Term) class as part of out curriculum provision.
2020/2021 – Additional Music Lessons
Provision of guitar lessons for the whole class as part of our curriculum is non chargeable, Year 5 will continue guitar for the Autumn term (up to Christmas) and Year 4 will start from Spring term (from January)
Lancashire Music Service – Academic Year 2020-2021
We are delighted to be able to offer music tuition through the Lancashire Music Service Parental Direct Payment scheme giving your child the chance to learn an instrument or have singing lessons. As schools start to reopen in September, we will be making every effort to deliver lessons in school, ensuring clear virus control procedures are in place. If this is not possible, Lancashire Music Service have invested in developing online alternatives and will keep you informed as we have more information.
LMS offer children and young people the chance to learn woodwind, brass, strings, guitar, ukulele, singing, percussion, drums*, keyboard and piano* with their experienced and inspiring teachers and with the first year of learning supported by award-winning online resources. They also offer an affordable instrument hire scheme. *drums and piano individual lessons only.
LMS - Parental Direct Payment scheme
The Parental Direct Payment scheme allows parents to pay the Music Service directly for instrumental and vocal tuition.
All lessons will still be delivered in school.
- Lessons are usually delivered in small groups and are a minimum of 20 minutes’
- Individual lessons are also available
- Students will need to provide their own instrument (rental available from Lancashire Music Service if required)
- Students have access to online resources to support their instrumental learning through Charanga Music World
- New students start lessons at the beginning of each half term (please see page 3 in attached booklet for application form deadlines)
- Lessons can only be cancelled at the end of a full term providing 6 weeks’ notice has been received.
- Children will be required to bring in their own instrument to school for their lesson. Lancashire Music Service does offer a loan scheme to parents and the cost to hire an instrument is £15.00 per term - subject to availability.
The cost for lessons is as follows:
(face to face or online)
Group £7.50 per lesson
20min £12.00 per lesson
30min £14.00 per lesson
40 min £18.00 per lesson
Full information is available in our brochure – please click on the link below.
To sign up for music lessons please apply online at: www.lancashiremusichub.co.uk/enrol