Note to parents regarding Twinkl Resources.
Twinkl Resources are currently free to parents. Simply log on with an email address and create a password.
All Twinkl resources are differentiated according a child's ability - 3 stars is the most challenging; whereas 1 star is less challenging. If you are unsure of your child's ability choose the 2 star option.
Comprehension - UKS2 Greta Thunberg
You will find this on the Twinkl website which is currently free for parents. If you cannot locate this, choose one of your choice.
Creative Writing Task
Design yourself as a superhero and create a comic strip of your adventures. Think about what makes you unique or what superpower you would like to have.
Using the various strategies you have learnt in school, please learn and practise your spellings for this week.
Please use Twinkl and search for worksheets on embedded or relative clauses. It is free to parents at the moment (one star = easier, whereas 3 stars = more difficult, I would suggest 2 stars if you are unsure).
Please complete the above sheet in your home school learning pack.
Geography (The Amazon)
- Children can carry out research on the Amazon rainforest on the 3D Geography website (https://www.3dgeography.co.uk/#!rainforests/c2307) or the BBC website and either produce a leaflet, poster, fact file or power point.
- Fact File about the Amazon River
- Find out which animals live in the rainforest
- Create a fact file on that animal e.g. where it lives, appearance, what it eats etc
- Look at the life cycle of that animal
- Plants of the rainforest
- Tribes that live in the rainforest
Please do not feel that you have to cover all of these, they are simply suggestions. I also suggest that your child works on this over the week and not one full day.