PE and Sports Premium
The sports funding is provided in addition to the school's budget. We have a statutory requirement to use this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport at Christ the King RC Primary School.
Possible uses of the funding might include:
- provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively and embed physical activity across your school
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers to enhance or extend current opportunities
- introduce new sports, dance or other activities before and after school to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activities
- support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities, and running or extending school sports and holiday clubs
- enter or run more sport competitions
- partner with other schools to run sports activities and clubs
- encourage pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school
- raise attainment in primary school swimming to meet requirements of the national curriculum before the end of key stage 2
- embed physical activity into the school day through active travel to and from school, active playgrounds and active teaching
At Christ the King in 2018-2019 we received £17,860.
We have decided to use this money to:
- Buy into Burnley School Sports Partnership (BSSP) which enables children across both key stages to take part in competitions and sporting festivals throughout the year.
- Identify and support Gifted & Talented children.
- Gifted & Talented pupils to build upon and nurture their talents further through BSSP holding regular events
- Structured playground activities established and implemented with a focus on being active and healthy lifestyles.
- Provide a range of alternative extra-curricular clubs before and after school to encourage a wider range of pupils to engage in physical activity.
- Provide active involvements in tournaments, competitions and friendly matches with local schools
- Provide balance bike training for all children in EYFS and Bikeability training for children in Upper KS2.
- Providing high quality CPD training for staff in EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
- Providing sports leadership training to help identify children build confidence and leadership skills.
Please click on the links below to see a full breakdown