A family of Catholic schools, inspired by Jesus, to love, learn and achieve.
Christ the King RC Primary joined the Romero Catholic Academy Trust on 1st September 2022.
We are one of three multi-academy trusts established by the Catholic Diocese of Salford to serve the schools in the north of the diocese. Our geographical area includes diocesan schools within the local authorities of Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Calderdale.
We are a rapidly growing academy trust. The Trust includes some schools with directive academy orders but most are voluntary convertors who have taken the decision to become an academy to work more closely within our community of schools to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils and to support each other.
The purpose of the Trust is simple: We have come together so that our schools can work together to improve the outcomes, experiences and future life chances of our children and young people.
Under the inspiration of St Oscar Romero:
This is what we are about.
We plant the seeds that one day will grow.
We water seeds already planted, knowing that they hold future promise.
We lay foundations that will need further development.
We provide yeast that produces far beyond our capabilities.
We cannot do everything, and there is a sense of liberation in realising that.
This enables us to do something, and to do it very well.
Vision and Values
Romero Catholic Academy Trust is a family of Catholic schools serving the needs of children and young people in the Diocese of Salford, covering the areas of Lancashire, Blackburn with Darwen and Calderdale. Responding to the challenge of our patron saint we; ‘aspire not to have more, but to be more.’
To achieve this, we will uphold four key values:
Faith: to nurture our belief in God
Service: to live out the responsibilities of our faith by serving others
Aspiration: to aspire to fulfil the potential of each individual, created uniquely in the image of God
Collaboration: to work collaboratively; sharing and fostering the strengths and expertise of all.
• Inspired by the vision of Bishop John, we will provide an authentic passing-on of our Catholic faith.
• Our schools will be nurtured by the Word of God.
• Our pupils will come to an understanding of what it means to be loved by God and the responsibilities that come from loving God.
• Our schools are worshipping communities characterised by vibrant liturgy and prayer.
• We will always act in the service of the pupils in our care.
• In our schools we will educate our children to be the next generation of the stewards of God’s creation.
• We embrace Catholic social teaching and work for the Common Good with a preferential option for the poor.
• We are outward facing, acknowledge our place in the wider educational system and accept our civic responsibility.
• We will work to fulfil the potential of each member of our community by providing an education that develops the whole person, including high quality Religious Education.
• Our schools will have a relentless focus on achievement. The quality of education in our schools will be ‘at least as academically distinguished as that in the other schools of the area.’ (Can. 806.2)
• Every member of our community will be provided with the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to succeed in school and in the next stage of their lives.
• Through high quality and relevant continuing professional development, we will invest in our staff.
• Decision making will weigh up the Common Good and be made in a timely way.
• We will always focus on the solution to a problem.
• A spirit of solidarity leads us to accept a shared responsibility for all.
• We recognise the concept of subsidiarity; that decisions will be made as locally as possible.
• Improvements across our family of schools will be secured by utilising the skills and experience in the trust
• Wherever possible, we will take care to involve and inform people in decision making.
• We believe in the importance of open, honest and positive communication.
You can find out more about Romero Catholic Academy Trust by clicking on the link below
Romero Catholic Academy Trust
St John the Baptist RC Primary, a Voluntary Academy
Burnley BB10 2PZ
Telephone: 01282 911093